This blog is my first and is completely dedicated to the small innocent tiger cub 'Stripey' who have been pleading all over the indian television to save him and his specie from the hands of the poachers. This cub is featured in one of the ads for the SAVEOURTIGERS.COM where there is a urge to the people to be aware of what is happening to our national animal, the majestic creature from our almost deserted forests, TIGER.
I was born in a place called Alwar in Rajasthan where there is a Tiger Reserve called Sariska. Since my childhood I have been seeing the large picture on the hoarding at the entrance of the reserve, where the King of the Jungle was doing a welcome to you to his territory. I was so amazed since then that I was part of a place where there was something happening to save this legendary specie. Little I knew than that there was this king in danger to not only to lose his home but also to his life. 2o years down the lane and the local tiger specie of Sariska is extinct. We lost a part of the great specie chain of the Aravali forests. and to what? to the greed of local villagers who gave their support to the poachers because they did not want to move away from their villages. I am going to do research on this and will bring up the facts of why tigers disappeared from the sanctuary. You will see more from me on this topic later.
We human have evolved and we evolved because the nature has made us to adjust in any kind of climate, in any kind of situation. Why? because we can live without being in harmony with any of our surroundings. Actually the word 'HARMONY' has been extinct from our dictionary long back. Now we are on to the other things from the nature to make them extinct which cannot exist without harmony. These poor animals? They are completely dependent on their surroundings. If one thing die, another cannot live. They live in such kind of harmony.
Does this bother us? We have forgotten the word 'Harmony" long back. We cannot live in harmony to even another human being. It may be your neighbour or your neighbourhood country. Nothing bothers us if we are not in the direct line of fire. We scream with pain and agony only when we are hurt. If someone is hurt around us we just tend to ignore because we cannot feel the pain.
So what will happen to the plea from this small cub, who is alone, scared and hungry. Waiting for his mom to come back because it is just starting to learn to survive. And she may not come because she may have been hunted by the greed, lust for money and apathy from us human who don't feel the pain of loss until we lose someone ourselves.
No, that is not going to happen. I will not let it happen. I will try everything to do what I can. I will write blogs. I will write to the forest department. I will write to the Supreme court. I will file a petition. I will write to the Prime-minister of india to tell all of them that we have had enough. Now this majestic creature will not live in fear. It will have his home where it will roam freely and its cubs will not scared because their mom has not returned. I wish we could make the policy writers to make death-sentence a punishment for the tiger-poachers. It is our national animal. It is the insignia of the country. Symbol of power of this nation. There should be a severe punishment for endangering the symbol of the nation. What message will be sent to the world it the symbol of power, symbol of bravery is lost. Are we so weak that we cannot save our national animal within our nation. How will we protect our borders from enemies?
Yes, a severe punishment like Death-sentence is needed for this crime. And no human right activists for this, please. A person who kills an innocent mute animal for a few rupees is not human. These animals know to live in harmony. They would never encroach your house because they need a bigger place like we do to their homes. You give them enough place for them with their prey and they will live peacefully without bothering anyone.
We need everyone of us who is reading this blog to contribute something whatever they can. Start with making someone aware of this issue. We have so many of us who know about this issue but still ignoring because it is not affecting us directly. Wake a human inside them. Tell them to think of their kids when they see this cub. How would they feel if they had their kid waiting for them at home because you are not safe outside. Do something so that sensitivity inside us which has been dead for so long gets resurrected.
As they say in the ad, every small bit helps. It does. Please do your bit.
Thanks for reading and wait for me to write more on this topic. I will not sit quietly until I see a ray of hope in this issue.

3 comments:
Hey..
I never thought that this blog could be so good. I will definitely make a point to circulate this blog to all so that we all can join hand in hand and do something to save the TIGERS.
Keep posting.... You wrote well.
Am proud of you.
Good initiative bro. Lets start with our home first :-). Let me know if i can be of any help.
Thank you Ashish. Lets start first by spreading the awareness among your contacts.
Post a Comment